Unity 3D UI Essentials
Leverage the power of the new and improved UI system for Unity to enhance your games and apps
About This Book
- Discover how to build efficient UI layouts coping with multiple resolutions and screen sizes
- In-depth overview of all the new UI features that give you creative freedom to drive your game development to new heights.
- Walk through many different examples of UI layout from simple 2D overlays to in-game 3D implementations
Who This Book Is For
If you have a good understanding of Unity's core functionality and a decent grasp of C scripting in Unity (although not essential if you are just using the Editor with the new UI), you'll be well placed to take advantage of the new UI feature set.
What You Will Learn
- Get to grips with the Legacy Unity GUI fundamentals to better understand the path forward
- Explore the tools Unity introduced with the new UI system such as the Rect Transform layout tool
- Unwrap the new base Unity UI controls and what makes them tick
- Work with the layout features and take control in a multiresolution world
- Build stunning UI within the 3D as well as the traditional 2D world
- Understand the new Unity Event System and how it fits in to the new UI system and beyond
Unity is a powerful cross-platform development engine that provides rich framework to create 2D and 3D apps or games. Through Unity, users are able take master the complexities of game development with ease, including animations, physics, renderings, shaders, scripting and now, Unity have released a new and advanced system to cope with the UI demands for modern applications and games.
Unity 3D UI Essentials is a complete walk-through of the new UI system in Unity V4 and beyond (including Unity 5). This fast-paced practical tutorial provides you with in depth details of the new UI controls and layouts that can be used to create stunning and multiresolution UI.
Venture forth into the highly componentized and advanced UI system, covering new features such as responsive designs and layouts. Also you get to deep-dive into the scripting side of the UI system as Unity has made the entire framework open source, giving free access to the source code of the new UI system to all developers.
So get ready for a wild ride into the new Unity UI system and set your course for awesome!
*An electronic version of a printed book that can be read on a computer or handheld device designed specifically for this purpose.
Formats for this Ebook
|Required Software||Any PDF Reader, Apple Preview|
|Supported Devices||Windows PC/PocketPC, Mac OS, Linux OS, Apple iPhone/iPod Touch.|
|# of Devices||Unlimited|
|Flowing Text / Pages||Pages|
|The message text*:|
Euripides: Hecuba: Introduction, Text, and Commentary (American Philological Association Textbook Series)
Ethnoveterinary knowledge of Raika sheep pastoralists in Rajasthan: a study of the sheep husbandry system and ethnoveterinary knowledge and practices in Rajasthan, India